FIRST Robotics Team STEMpunk #4531!
Build Season Update
The robot and peripherals are almost complete modeled in CAD software and the drive train is being assembled!
Resources and Media
Which qualification(s) don't quite fit with the rest?
FIRST Robotics Competition Kickoff 2016
First Annual New Year's Robot Fair
A shout out to all of the volunteers and participants that made this event a success. Everyone had fun and we hope to do it again next year! More photos will be uploaded over the next few days. Check out the news article here!
|Aluminum Foil Penny Boats||Building Rockets|
|What is FIRST Robotics?||Launching Rockets!|
|Aerial Assist Robot "Nemo"|
Kickoff the new year with Robots! Join us Saturday January 2nd from 1 to 4pm for a robot fair. See below for details!
There are over $25 million in scholarships available exclusively to FIRST participants this year! Check them out here.
January 9th - meet at Valders High School for the kickoff broadcast. Broadcast starts at 9am sharp. Building will be open by 8:30am. For the parents and alumni not able to make it, a link for the broadcast can be found here
Robot Fair @ Two Rivers Community Center
Saturday January 2nd, 1pm to 4pm
1710 W Park St, Two Rivers, WI 54241
Join us for a free afternoon of fun and learning!
FIRST Robotics team STEMpunk #4531 and the Star Splitters 4-H club invite you and kids of all ages to the Two Rivers Community House on January 2nd, 2016 from 1-4pm to discover the world of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
Kids will get a chance to race robots on an obstacle course, build and launch rockets, create buttons, build aluminum foil boats and even see a 3D printer in action! Prize drawings will also be held at 3:00 and 4:00 p.m. Prizes include rocket kits, engineering notebooks, and STEMpunk gear. Tickets for the drawings are not purchased, but awarded through participation in activities.
Get a chance to learn about rockets and robotics while having a blast!
December Training Dates Set
- Tuesday December 8th, 6pm to 8pm, Valders High School Entrance Q - Drive Bases and Manipulators
- Saturday December 12th, 1pm to 3:30pm, Mishicot High School (Metals Shop) - Administer basic shop safety tests (all members need to complete the safety tests, hoping most will complete this prior to the start of the season)
- Tuesday December 15th, 6pm to 8pm, Valders High School Entrance Q - Electrical Basics and Sensors
- Thursday December 17th, 6pm to 8pm - Valders High School Entrance Q - Design Process (Brainstorming through prototyping, pugh matrices and final design)
Lakeshore FIRST Lego League Regional 2015 Recap Video
FLL Team 7355 STEMpunk Minions Recognized
Just days prior to the regional FLL tournament, one FLL team is recognized for its efforts to reduce waste in the community! View the article in Clipper City Coop here!
Lakeshore FIRST Lego League Regional
The FRC Season is nearly upon us! Join the Lakeshore FIRST teams for the areas Lego League Regional November 14th - 15th at Lakeshore Technical College in Cleveland WI. We will have over 25 FLL Teams competing each day along with FTC and FRC exhibition matches! (Yes, Charger Robotics has graciously agreed to bring their full-size FRC playing field again this year!).
- Setup Friday 11/13/15 at 5pm - 9pm - We still need help setting up, Stop in and lend a hand!
- Competition & Ehibition matches Saturday 11/14/15 8:30am - 5pm
- Competition & Ehibition matches Sunday 11/15/15 8:30am - 5pm We hope to see you at the event!
Lakeshore FIRST Newsletter
Team Signup Meeting Friday Night!
A reminder to all current team members and new students interested in joining the team - there are only 2 signup meetings remaining! Students must attend with a parent or guardian.
- Friday 11/6 at 6pm in the Mishicot High School Library
- Tuesday 11/10 at Kiel High School at 6pm
2016 FRC Game Teaser
For the FIRST time, a game teaser video has been released prior to the start of the season. During the 2015 season, we were warned "Change is coming" and it certainly was! See the 2016 FIRST "Stronghold" website and game teaser video here!
FRC (High School) Signup Meetings
This year we are having (3) signup meetings for the FIRST Robotics Competition Teams. One meeting at each host school. These will be on different days, if you cannot attend one, plan on going to another host school for the signup meeting (see below for dates, times and locations). At least ONE PARENT/GUARDIAN must be present at ONE of these meetings with their student-participant(s).
Please plan to attend one of the following if at all interested in the FRC program:
- Valders(Droid Rage) Signup Meeting: October 29th, 6pm - 7:30pm @ Valders High School
- STEMpunk (Mishicot) Signup Meeting: November 6th, 6pm - 7:30pm @ Mishicot High School
- Bond Brigade (Kiel) Signup Meeting: November 10th, 6pm - 7:30pm @ Kiel High School
FTC Safety Training
The last Shop Safety Training for FTC Students will be held on the Wednesday 10/14 meeting at 6:30pm. Bring a Pencil!